Community Advocates for a Sustainable Environment (CASE) was formed in February of 2018 (as Community Advocates for Sustainable Energy). CASE grew out of Stop NY Fracked Gas Pipeline (SNYFGP), which was formed in the Spring of 2014 to stop Kinder Morgan’s Northeast Energy Director Gas Pipeline. When the company withdrew its application in May of 2016 SNYFGP decided to continue to help other area fights against fossil fuel infrastructure and to create CASE to promote Renewable Energy. Since then CASE has organized three annual Renewable Energy Fairs and several community educational forums.
CASE/SNYFGP is governed by a Board of Directors, who meet monthly. Anyone who believes in our mission is welcome to join our mailing list and attend our meetings. Membership meetings are held 1 to 2 times a month. CASE/SNYFGP puts out a regular newsletter to educate its members about fossil fuel and renewable energy issues and to suggests actions its members can take.
We are a grassroots, all volunteer, self-funded organization of concerned citizens. Although we are a not for profit organization we do not have a 501(c)3 status.
Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair
Saturday, November 16, 10-4
Armory at Sage College
130 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208
Be part of this one-stop shopping event for information and products about living in harmony with our earth. This is the largest indoor/outdoor environmental fair in the Capital Region.There will be exhibits and information on renewable energy and sustainable living in addition to good food and drink. One can meet motivated attendees, speak with like-minded exhibitors, lead workshops or listen to speakers on a variety of topics. Our goal is to continue to educate the public while showcasing products and services to achieve this goal. This event is free and open to the public with free parking. See below for a list
We had over 250 people attend our first ever Fair in 2016 and we had close to 400 attend last year with 53 exhibitors explaining everything from geothermal/solar/wind energy to carbon sequestration to zero waste.
The fee to have a table at the Fair is still only $200 for a business/for-profit organization and $35 for a not-for profit organization. We will have several speakers talking about a variety of environmental issues. We will once again offer a Fair Program Booklet that will include climate information, a listing of exhibitors and paid advertisements. The exhibitor contact information will be listed in the back of the Fair Program Booklet once again (at no extra fee).
If you are interested in being an exhibitor, please register here. Please share this event on all of your communication tools.. You can pay for the event with Paypal by clicking here or send a check to SNYFGP, 1409 County Route 5, Canaan, NY 12029.
We will be promoting this Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair via our newsletters, press announcements, posters, social media, etc. Here are some links to past Fairs: 2017 Fair Facebook, 2016 Fair Facebook, Report on 2018 Fair
If you know of others you think might be interested in exhibiting, please send us their information.
Don’t miss out- discover why many exhibitors return every year!
Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair 2019 Exhibitors (so far):
- AEC Solar
- Affordable Housing Partnership
- Albany Bicycle Coalition
- Albany Recycles
- Albany Sustainability Advisory Committee
- Alliance for a Green Economy
- Aztech Geothermal
- Capital District EV Drivers
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Common Energy
- Dandelion Energy
- Dirt to Soil-SUCCESS!
- Extinction Rebellion- Capital Region
- First Reformed Church of Schenectady Creation Care
- Food and Water Watch
- Green Mountain Energy
- Gutter Helmet
- Healthy in a Hurry
- Heart Smart Capital Region- Capital Regional Planning Commission
- Honest Weight Food Co-op
- Hudson River Renewables (Hudson River Solar)
- Merrill Lynch
- Monolith Solar Associates,
- New York Interfaith Power & Light
- New York Solar Energy Society
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- PAUSE- People of Albany United for Safe Energy
- Renewal by Andersen
- Rensselaer Land Trust
- Seed Solar and Engineering
- Sierra Club- Hudson Mohawk Group
- Solar Liberty
- Solarize Albany
- Sustainable Wealth Advisors
- The Climate Reality Project: Capital Region, NY Chapter
- Troy Poem Project
- True Building Performance
- Women Against War
- Zero Waste Capital District
What attendees can expect to see and do at the 2019 Fair:
- The Capital District Electric Vehicles Drivers Club will show off and talk about (and maybe even give you a test ride in) their electric vehicles
- Learn how to get a free NYSERDA energy audit
- Get updates on solar installations on your home, community solar and buying your electricity through a renewable energy supplier
- Discover why geothermal heating and cooling installations are becoming much more affordable.
- Discuss green and zero energy building techniques
- Get the news about replacement windows and air-source heat pumps and other energy efficient products
- Learn how to invest your money in sustainable businesses
- Explore bicycling and car share options in the Capital District
- Learn how your town can become a “Climate Smart Community”
- Educate yourself about Environmental Justice issues
- Become a Lobbyist for a carbon tax
- Talk about practices for healthy soil and composing
- Learn why Community Choice Aggregation is so powerful
- Discover more about recycling
- Examine HVCC’s Clean Energy Management Program
- Take home a free comprehensive Green Energy newspaper
- Greet and meet the many local climate advocacy organizations
- Learn more in depth information at a workshop